Excitement at Strandtorget
We wanted to check out what people thought about the World Championships in Mountainbike in Lillehammer. We went down to Strandtorget were the trials started at 10 am.
By: Frid Osen and Helena Walle
– Since we are from Denmark, and live in Norway, we cheer for the Danish national team. They are strong and have accomplished a lot, says Bjerke Jensen.
He is at Strandtorget today to watch the Trials with his son. – We also cheer for Germany and of course Norway since we live here, his son says.
They both think it is great that Lillehammer got the World Championships in mountain bike because they are engaged in the sport.
– We try to watch most of it, and we were on Maihaugen yesterday to watch The Eliminator. We are really looking forward to the weekend, to watch the different competitions.
– At work we talked about the World Championships, and I think it is really sad that there is so few people here in to watch it. I hope that there will be more people watching as the weekend gets closer.
Inside Strandtorget shopping center we find Dean Compton from New Zealand. He is the father of Jack Compton who is going to compete in Men’s Junior Cross Country tomorrow, Thursday, September the 4th.
– We are so excited for tomorrow’s competition. Jack has been training really hard, he is in such a good shape and he has high ambitions and goals.
They arrived Oslo on August 29th. They spent three nights there before they travelled to Lillehammer. They are going stay for seven nights.
– We have been looking around, and yesterday we were at Maihaugen to watch the Eliminator. We have also been to Hafjell to watch the practice there. When Jack has such a full schedule with training we are usually watching it, but today we have a day off, and decided to check out the shopping center.
– After the World Championships my wife and I are going on vacation, first a couple of days in Norway, before we travel to Finland and further down trough Europe.