Nicole Koller winner in junior cross country
Nicole Koller from Switzerland won the women’s junior cross country today.
By: Juliann Larsen and Marie Skarpaas Karlsen
Malene Degn from Denmark came in second and Sina Frei from Switzerland took today’s bronze medal.
– What is it like to be World Champion today, Koller?
– It’s amazing, I can’t believe it, says the gold winner.
Malene Degn from Denmark was also happy:
– It was great to win the silver medal, I tried the whole way, but Nicole was too strong.
Two medals to the Swiss
The girls from the Swiss Juniorteam won two medals in todays cross-country race. Danish Malene Degn had to settle with 2nd place.
– I fought throughout the entire race, said gold medalist Nicole Koller.
She was close behind danish Malene Degn the two first laps, but managed to catch up with her before the fourth lap began.
-I focused on not to crash or do something that could cost me the victory.
Although the two of them fought each other the entire race, Degn realized that she wouldn’t be able to catch up with Koller. Still, she was very pleased with todays placing:
– Silver is good enough for me, she said with a big smile.
There was also a bronze medal for Switzerland and Sina Frei, who was very happy with her own performance, and was almost speechless.
– It was a dream come true, she said.
Marit Sveen and Anna Gabrielsen from Norway took respectively 15. and 23. place.